For all those bachelors, who have a tough time riding their two wheelers along the crowded roads of Chennai, here are a few tips while overtaking that can make your ride a bit entertaining.
- Overtake autorickshaws from the right hand side. Because our guys get very chivalrous with gals and always allow them to sit inside.
- Overtake MTC buses from the left hand side. Majority of the buses still have ladies section in the left hand side.
- While overtaking other two wheelers, see to that your speed is only slightly higher than the other. You cannot notice much if you race ahead.
- While overtaking scootys, make sure that you are on the wider side of the road and make good use of the rear view mirror. Do not squeeze them into corners, its a universal truth that women are poor drivers.
- While overtaking two wheelers with a pillion rider, assess the side based on the seating position of the pillion rider. If she sits with both her legs on one side, then overtake from the left hand side.
- In case the pillion rider sits in the normal position then the situation gets a bit tricky. The usual tendency of the pillion riders is to peer over the right shoulder of the rider. But some, when engaged in a conversation with the rider, might as well look over the left shoulder. So decide your side accordingly.
- And sadly nowadays there is a new trend emerging. Pillion riders cover their entire face with their duppattas and bury themselves behind the rider's back. In that case, just concentrate on the road and search for the next vehicle.
- In the case of car, the sides do not matter much as you cannot get a clear view anyway. If you feel that a car might be worth a watch, the best bet is to stand in front of that car in the next signal and peep in the rear view mirror.
- When you stand in a signal, unless you are in a hurry just stand behind the last vehicle. Most of the girls do not take the pains to reach the front row.
- For all other vehicles and trucks, better move away and let them go.
Disclaimer: It is the responsibility of the rider to use these tips judiciously, without hurting himself or others. This post cannot be held responsible for any untoward incidents.
Happy riding ;p