Monday, May 08, 2006

Assembly Elections

Do the Election authorities verify the identification proof of the voters?

I went early in the morning and took my passport as I did not have my voters id. In the polling station, there was one Presiding Officer to supervise the proceedings. Then one Polling Officer, was reading out my voter number and name loudly so that the observers from the political parties can note down.

There was another Polling Officer, who applied(rather I should say poured) the indelible ink. Then there was one who wrote a couple of serial numbers in a piece of paper and passed it to the Officer sitting next to her, and he got a signature from me.

At last there was one Polling Officer with a gadget, instructing people to press the blue button opposite to the candidate of their choice. No one bothered to ask for my identification proof. Is this the case everywhere or was it in my polling station only?

6 Comments:

Blogger expertdabbler said...

officers yaarum passport ai vangi parkalia?
hmm...
enakku ennoda voter ID card parthangappa

3:19 AM  
Blogger Divya said...

The officer in my polling booth got my voter ID card, but dint care to verify my face with the foto in the card.So I was wondering whats the purpose of the Photo voter ID card...

12:27 PM  
Blogger News from Prasanna said...

I took the Pan Card. They saw the card and noted down the number of that in the remarks column of their sheet along with my sign.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They checked my voters ID card, and the face mapping also :-D

10:24 PM  
Blogger Yadhvi said...

enaku voter id card ellaam paathaanga, aana sonna maadhiri, ink ai dhan naraya oothitaanga! adhu ippo nail le brown color a maari, sothai nagam madhiri irukku!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Badri said...

Yeah...rite...they didn't care to check my voter Id card..

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers