Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Unusuals

This is a collection of unusual events which I had come across during my ride from residence to office in the past one week.

First surprise came to me when I ran across my good old friend, Vanchee near Guindy signal. It has been a couple of years since we met and we had a nice chat all along the 10 minute journey from Guindy to Nandanam. A very unusual way to meet a friend

Then came a cab behind which there was a note saying,"Anybody finding this vehicle overspeeding, call...xxxxxxxxx". A novel method to curb the unruly cab drivers from causing havoc on the road.

I had seen guys taking their girl friends on their fancy bikes and race amidst slow moving traffic. But last friday, I saw a couple of old fathers riding 150cc bikes like CBZ, Fiero with their cute daughters on the pillion. What struck me more was the amazing dexterity with which the negotiated the little gaps available between vehicles at the peak hour traffic in Mount Road. May be they had guessed what their daughters liked and decided to thrill their daughters themselves rather than leaving the job to highly qualified guys like me.

Off late female motorists in Chennai have started using high speed scooters like Activa, Dio etc. But last week alone, I saw three women, one riding Hero Honda Ambition, one riding a CBZ and yet another riding Bajaj Pulsar. It is altogether a different issue that they were not as good as their male counterparts in maneuvering the big boys. Still I was left gaping at their unconventionality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers