Thursday, May 26, 2005

Su Do Ku

Sudoku is a Japanese number game that’s being published in "The Hindu" for the past couple of days and I am already getting obsessed with it. Its nothing but a 9x9 square with some squares already filled with numbers from 1 and 9.

The game is to fill in the rest of the squares such that every row and every column has all the numbers between 1 and 9 without missing any or repeating any. Plus the 9x9 square is divided into nine 3x3 squares and one has to ensure that each 3x3 square has one and only one occurence of all the numbers between 1 and 9.

It’s just a simple elimination logic but is sure interesting. I am planning to time my solutions for Sudoku from tomorrow. But it has already started another quarrel between me and my brother for the puzzle.

I could not find the Sudoku puzzle in Hindu's website. It’s a good way to kill time when you happen to attend some dull meetings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers